People who work for large corporations know what it’s like to travel to a conference at least once each year, but due to recent events and the need for social distancing, conferences are being canceled across the nation. While you may not be able to meet up in person, there’s still a great way to host your annual meeting safely, conveniently, and even affordably – with video conferencing software.
Are Virtual Events as Effective as In-Person Events?
One of the biggest concerns among corporate event planners has to do with engagement. In-person annual conferences are known for their ability to psych up the crowd and motivate those in attendance to truly put their best foot forward. In fact, many employees look forward to them throughout the year as they provide a way to escape the hustle and bustle of the office and mingle with their coworkers who may work in a facility across the country – or even in another country altogether. Fortunately, online conferences can be just as engaging when they are carefully planned and executed using innovative video conferencing software.
The Benefits Associated with Online Conferences
Online conferences differ from in-person events in several interesting and significant ways, and there are benefits that you may not have previously considered.
- It’s more convenient for your employees. Though some people do look forward to traveling on a business trip once a year, for a lot of your employees, it’s a hassle. Hosting your annual conference online is far more convenient for everyone as they can simply attend from the comfort of home.
- More people can attend. Not everyone has the means or resources to travel to an out-of-town business conference, but just about anyone can tune in online.
- It costs less. You won’t have to reserve and rent a venue, provide refreshments, or even pay for your employees’ travel expenses with a virtually-hosted conference event. The cost savings associated with online conferences is measurable.
- You won’t have to shut down or alter your operations. Some companies simply close their doors or significantly slow down their operations once every year to host their annual conferences. When you choose a virtual option, you can time your events in a way that doesn’t impact your business at all. Rather than closing the doors or limiting the services you offer, you can simply adjust the online conference schedule.
- It’s customizable. With the right video conferencing software, you can customize the content you deliver to specific groups of people – all at the same time. For example, you can present your marketing team with one set of information while presenting your accounts receivables employees with different data.
Though an online conference isn’t the same as an in-person one, today’s software and technology allow you to create an event that is engaging, customizable, and fun. Social distancing is important, but it doesn’t have to be the end of your annual corporate event, and you might even save some money while you reach even more people than ever before.