Per an informative and eye-opening article published by Reuters earlier in 2020, webinars are quickly becoming one of the nation’s best and most preferred methods for marketing, particularly in business-to-business (B2B) sales situations. Aside from webinars being incredibly popular among potential buyers, the analytics they can provide will benefit the companies a great deal, too. Here’s what you should know.
Marketing in a Crisis
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the way people live their lives – and it’s also changed the way companies do business, especially when it comes to marketing. Though the shift to digital marketing and online sales was already well underway, the pandemic essentially forced people into virtual shopping overnight. As a result, marketers had to find new ways to reach consumers and customers quickly in order for their brands to remain relevant. Fortunately, virtual events platforms have become far more sophisticated, and the data they collect provides valuable insight that can propel companies forward even now.
Collecting Data During Events
Today’s sophisticated virtual event platforms allow the hosts to deliver a wide range of content, including things like polls, forms, and more. Through the course an online event, a company can gather a great deal of information, including:
- Email addresses. A live event is a great way for a company to build its email marketing list, and thanks to segmented content delivery, it’s also perfect for sending more personalized emails that better fit the lead’s individual needs.
- Locations. Depending on the product or service you sell, it may be helpful to discover your attendees’ locations. A lack of attendance from a particular state could show you where you need to focus your marketing efforts, for example.
- Company roles for qualifying leads. Polls and forms allow you to gather information about your attendees’ positions within their companies, as well. This can help you qualify your leads so that you can make the most of the time available to you.
- Telephone numbers. You can also build your telephone list if your attendees provide this information to you during your event.
- The industry segmentation. Being able to see the industries that your attendees represent can help you determine where the interest in your company’s product or service lies. If you expected to have attendees who were educators, but most were healthcare providers, you can alter your marketing campaigns to appeal to different groups.
- Interest levels. Finally, if you provided opportunities for your attendees to interact during the webinar, you can use the data and feedback from this interaction to see how interested your attendees truly were in your presentation. If the majority of people in attendance interacted when prompted, then you can feel confident that your presentation was engaging.
Virtual events platforms can do much more than simply give your company an outlet for reaching people online. The best platforms provide you with outstanding data analytics that help you learn more about the people who are interested in your product. With that information in hand, your marketing campaigns will become far more effective, and ultimately, those campaigns will facilitate your company’s growth.